© Melissa, All rights reserved

Creating a link

(<)a href="your url "(>) here (<)/a(>)

2/15/13

I Told You So (Villanelle)

I told you so, I've heard so many say
As if it was the price one pays for pride
Loosed words like this will only bring dismay

The cost of self respect is much to pay
Like tossing money in the wind, they'll chide-
I told you so, I've heard so many say

There is no joy when lips spill hurt this way
Destroying souls easily cast aside-
Loosed words like this will only bring dismay

Suppose the rain should fall on self this day
drowning your heart when words are misapplied-
I told you so, I've heard so many say

Time can often right morality play
When consideration overtakes the snide-
Loosed words like this will only bring dismay

If you were asked to stop would you obey?
All condescending tones completely dried-
I told you so, I've heard so many say
Loosed words like this will only bring dismay

1 comment:

Mary said...

This really IS a wonderful villanelle, and the message is conveyed very well with this form!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...