© Melissa, All rights reserved

Creating a link

(<)a href="your url "(>) here (<)/a(>)

10/1/12

Tender of lies

 
 
Gardener of lies-
rows and rows.

You've buried them beneath
delicate flowers, each in
different stages of growth
...and death.

You fertilize them,
forgetting their potency until
what you've buried starts to grow,
like your flower garden.

Their soft petals
you've stroked,
pretending to love them.

However, the brusies
are irrefutable evidence
of your personal touch-

Like your lies.

Then, when you're exposed,
you blame the seeds
you blame the soil
you blame the garden
and the flowers - but in reality,

YOU were the reason the garden grew
...like your lies.

Wishful thinking...you'd not be found out


Poem was adapted to take part in Keith's Rambings Carry on Tuesday meme. Stop by and give it a go.
http://carryontuesdayprompt.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Shadow said...

hmm, yes, so true your words!

keiths ramblings said...

I love this analogy - I'd better pop out and have a chat with my pansies!

Melissa Bickel said...

Thank you both for your comments. When I wrote this I was in a bit of a snit :)... Waters have been cleared, but I thought this poems was not so bad, so I've leaving it as it is lol.

gautami tripathy said...

Loved it!

lure of the impure

KB said...

Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...