© Melissa, All rights reserved

Creating a link

(<)a href="your url "(>) here (<)/a(>)

8/31/12

Fat girl (recipe for change)

Thanks to google images for the use of this photo
 
Picked last,
the fat girl.
Eight shades of red, standing alone.

I was the unwanted player,
The one peers looked past.
How I hated team sports.

Funny thing, I had talent.
Prejudice kept my skills at bay-
Always side-lined, my thorn in the flesh.

Had they seen beyond my "Size"
and given me a chance to shine-
I'd be picked first, instead of last.

9 comments:

Eric (Bubba) Alder said...

Nice, and so true!

Melissa Bickel said...

Thanks for stopping by.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I'm so glad you know that now!

poetryinverse said...

Sad that this happens often. You expressed this very well!

Mary said...

Kids can be so mean and see only surface things about a person. But then again, so can many adults. And these pains inflicted on a person in childhood last forever, I know. I was very moved by your write.

Melissa Bickel said...

Thank you all for stopping by and reading. I've found much joy through the release of words in poetry. Thanks for sharing with me.

hoofprintsinmygarden said...

I think it is very hard for kids to see past appearances. I was always picked last as well -- but I was skinny. Very skinny.

Marja said...

Sadly kids can be quite mean. I was always picked last as well as I was very clumsy.

Ella said...

This says so much! Why can't we give others a chance...so well expressed!
Powerful write!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...