© Melissa, All rights reserved

Creating a link

(<)a href="your url "(>) here (<)/a(>)

2/11/11

Deep in the woods

I was not prepared for that first time;
excitement pulsed throughout my body.
I remember the tingling sensation
and first gasp of wondrous surprise.

Against my heated skin, I felt the wind;
I sighed with the deliciousness of it all.
From the top of my head to the tips of my toes
a slow warmth radiated, rousing a smile.

How was I to know the impact
it had on me, I was young.
Yet, even then I knew the greatest
of life's pleasures bestowed on tender eyes.
There, on that day, deep within the mountains
I lost myself to the grandeur of the Gila's.
Still, today, those mountains call me.
One day perhaps I'll return and
lose myself to their beauty once more.

2 comments:

Morning said...

well expressed experiences /sentiments.

Glad to read you today,
Happy Valentine's Day.

KB said...

Sounds wonderfully romantic my friend x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...