© Melissa, All rights reserved

Creating a link

(<)a href="your url "(>) here (<)/a(>)

9/27/10

I'll See you Tuesday

It was always this way. A smiled played across her plum lips as her thoughts gave way to a realization. Today was the day. Butterflies fluttered within depths of her stomach.

This time it was for real, this time it was a definite. She pushed opened the doors and spoke a hello to the man behind the counter. I'm so glad you hired me she said. 

"It started out as a feeling which then grew into a hope" Six long years not working was no more.




7 comments:

Marja said...

Hope does spring out of this great prose The beginning of a new life.

thelaughinghousewife said...

Oh I have such empathy with this: twenty years and counting.

story-time said...

Bit of a surprise twist, but very enjoyable read. Thank you,

Elizabeth

gospelwriter said...

so easy to give up hope after years of unemployment - I liked this a lot, liked the first sentence as a lead in...

theoldmasonjar said...

I liked this. I wasn't expecting the ending either.

Missy said...

Thank you everyone for stopping in. My work schedule keeps me pretty busy, but I hope to be by to visit you all as well.

Jingle Poetry said...

very natural and fantastic read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...