© Melissa, All rights reserved

Creating a link

(<)a href="your url "(>) here (<)/a(>)

12/14/09

I've tried the sonnet a time or two
and found it difficult to write
I try to stick with what I know
but love to read a sonnets flight.

I'm more the free verse type of gal
who writes without the thought of line
and in so doing I have found
the purest joy, unhindered rhyme.

But I admire the writer who
can put the sonnet in straight line
keeping time with ta boom ta boom
while I enjoy the la ti da.

So write on those who sonnet pen
keep jotting lines which make me grin.

4 comments:

Shadow said...

wow, you did that really well though...

Gerry Boyd said...

way to stay on form.

keiths ramblings said...

Well said and well written! I just Gogled sonnet to remind myself what it's all about and I found this - 'the Italian form is distinguished by its bipartite division into the octave and the sestet: the octave consisting of a first division of eight lines rhyming' de bla de bla de blah, and I decided to stick my own way of writing!

KB said...

I love the rhythm of your poetry...oh dear, that sounds a bit rude.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

XXXX

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...