© Melissa, All rights reserved

Creating a link

(<)a href="your url "(>) here (<)/a(>)

10/27/08

Hope (Sonnet)

You speak of love as if it were a game.
Two people acting upon center stage.
Forever and vows, you say, are so lame.
Should I believe differently in this age?

Standing before God, what God did you say?
For crying out loud, is there no more faith?
I guess it's true then, that's why some don't pray.
Losing their beliefs, such a human trait.

What then is left for our children to be?
Robotic, mechanic, less human seems.
I expect more from humanity, see!
Now and forever this is my own creed.

I believe in God, Christianity.
I have faith in my possibilities.

6 comments:

Strumpet said...

Awwww....this poem just exudes your voice, Missy-licious....

...and that makes it so nice to read because...

I miss you.

xo

keiths ramblings said...

I really like this piece, particularly the way you state your position in the final few words

joaquin carvel said...

"Losing their beliefs, such a human trait"

and then - the light breaks through.

i really like where this comes from, and where it goes. great piece!

Missy said...

Thank you everyone for your comments.

Strumpet,- it's always a delight to see you ((hugs))

Keith,- my favorite writer, poet, friend I always adore your comments.

Joaquin - thank you so much for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.

FoodieFlies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missy said...

Email addy would be nice

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...