© Melissa, All rights reserved

Creating a link

(<)a href="your url "(>) here (<)/a(>)

10/22/07

Would I Be So Bold?

Would I be so bold
to accept the pats
and endless thank yous
for taking something that
belonged to another?

I who came face to face
with myself reflected
in the eyes of the one
looking back at me?

Would I call you monster
for reacting in like manner
out of need to protect and
defend?

I whose haunted memories
chase me in dreams of
restless slumber.
Would I judge you
for doing what I have done?

1 comment:

MONA said...

That is so thought provoking! We often judge people for what we ourselves might commit given difficult or similar situation! That is ironical .

This is a beautiful poem with an honest thought so boldly expressed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...