© Melissa, All rights reserved

Creating a link

(<)a href="your url "(>) here (<)/a(>)

10/11/07

Renewal : Earth

For months now I have been in quiet slumber,
resting my weary body from the beating it has
taken these past months.

So much of what I do takes a toll on me.
Some don't appreciate all that I am. I
try to keep you from harms way and to shelter
you from the harsh realities you bring so
thoughtlessly upon yourself and me.

Every few months I reinvent myself to give
you a change of pace, hoping you will for a moment
stop and realize what beauty around you
I give so freely.

I never remain the same, each of you take
from me and drain me of my resources.
My abilities to regenerate and create
for one and all a place of peace and plenty,
wanes at times.

Yet, after a quiet sleep from the cold and bitter
winds, I try to bring forth once again a renewal
of who I am and what I give.

3 comments:

Beloved Dreamer said...

Your poem/prose on renewal is striking and revealing. Read along with your Thursday post, I am moved by your beautiful/ugly images. I do not know you well but your talent is awesome! Well done my friend.....

love-bd

Little Wing said...

This is so true for us all, so easy to relate.
Your images tell the story.
You are a great writer!

J Morgetron said...

You know how I feel about this one.

-J

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...