© Melissa, All rights reserved

Creating a link

(<)a href="your url "(>) here (<)/a(>)

9/11/07

The Moon

Silver veiled enchantress
casting spells on moonbeams,
lovers stand beneath
your wide spread wings.

You're a lofty abode
so majestic and bold.
Mortals can not touch you,
yet you invite them to try.

Your shadows spin and dip
with ever moving night.
Twilight will soon try to kiss
your retreating hand.

A promise sealed
for your eventual return.
For now, spin your webs of lace,
rest upon earth's face.

2 comments:

MONA said...

what a wonderful ode!

you remind me of John Keats!

I love this ode, it is beautiful!!

J Morgetron said...

"Silver veiled enchantress
casting spells on moonbeams,
lovers stand beneath
your wide spread wings."

When I read this first instead of "wings," I read it as "legs" and I was like heeeeellllllloooooo mama!

-J

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...